The following travel grants that will be offered to attendees of PAG 30 are listed below. Winners of the Scherago International Student Travel Grants, Michael D. Gale, Jerome P. Miksche, and Earl J. Scherago Travel Grants awarded for PAG XXIX (2022) will be transferred to apply toward attendance of PAG 30, and therefore awards will not be offered this year. View PAG XXIX (2022) Award Winners

Winners of the Aquaculture Species Group Student and Postdoctoral Fellowship Bursaries and the Neal A. Jorgenson Genome Travel Awards will be ackowledged at the Closing Banquet on Wednesday evening at the conference.

Instructions

Details and applications for each grant are below. Please download/save the appropriate pdf to your computer, fill it out, save, and email to the appropriate coordinator listed on the application.

If the grant requires either a letter verifying the applicant's status as a graduate student or a letter of recommendation from their department or office, please be sure this letter is on official letterhead from your institution or organization and send as an email attachment, along with completed application.

All grant applications require a poster abstract to be submitted online. More information on the submission procedure is available on the Poster Abstracts page.

Aquaculture Species Group Student and Postdoctoral Fellowship Bursaries

The Aquaculture Genomics Group of the NRSP-8 is pleased to announce the availability of a limited number of Travel Bursaries, of up to $1,000, to support the attendance of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows at PAG. All graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who submit an abstract to the Aquaculture Workshop are eligible for consideration. Applicants must also submit a poster abstract and attach a letter from their adviser verifying they are a graduate student and will attend the PAG meeting to present a poster. Previous winners are ineligible to apply for this scholarship.

Award selections will be made and awardees will be notified soon after the deadline. Awards will be paid after the meeting as a travel stipend.

Procedure: Please email completed application and letter verifying your status to Rafet Al-Tobasei / This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Application Deadline:  October 31, 2022

Download Application

Neal A. Jorgenson Genome Travel Award

Award is for up to $1000 for travel expenses and registration provided by each genome coordinator, for a graduate student in the US to travel to and attend PAG. Applicant must be a current, non post-doctorate graduate student residing in the USA. Please complete the application and email to the relevant Genome Coordinator listed below. Applicants must also submit a poster abstract and attach a letter from their professor/adviser, verifying they are a graduate student and will attend the PAG meeting to present a poster.

Previous winners are ineligible to apply for this scholarship.

Procedure: Please email completed application and letter verifying your status as a graduate student to the relevant coordinator listed below:

• Cattle / Alison van Eenennaam - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Equine / E. Bailey - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Swine / Chris Tuggle - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Poultry / Huaijun Zhou - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Sheep & Goats / Noelle Cockett - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Livestock Bioinformatics / Fiona McCarthy - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Application Deadline:  October 31, 2022

Download Application

Submit an Abstract  

Poster Abstract and Digital Tools and Resources Abstracts
Learn More

Abstract Coordinators

The coordinators listed below oversee the submission and handling of the PAG abstracts. Please direct all questions or concerns regarding abstracts to them, click on the name to email.

Poster Coordinators

• This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

USDA/ARS/WRRC, CA

Iowa State University, USA

Montana State University, USA

Digital Tools and Resources Coordinators

NIH/NLM/NCBI, USA

• Monica Munoz-Torres
    Oregon State University, USA

Get Updates

FaceBook 48x48   Like Us on Facebook

Twitter 48x48  Follow Us on Twitter

email icon48  Join Our Mailing List

PAG Future Dates

PAG 31 - January 12-17, 2024

PAG 32 - January 10-15, 2025

PAG 33 - January 9-14, 2026

San Diego, CA